My Munkins

My Munkins

Thursday, December 9, 2010

UPDATE!

OK... It has been FOREVER since I updated my blog... and since I have a minute to myself, I decided it was time.

We had a BLAST in FL!!! The plane ride down was very smooth and both kids did really well... McKenna is NOT a "lap" baby... she hates to just sit on your lap, so that was a bit of a challenge, but we made it! Blake LOVED flying!

The weather (with the exception of the last 2 days) was BEAUTIFUL! Since we got in late Sat night... we spent most of Sunday lounging around, and getting prepped for Disney on Monday. Before we left on Sat... I had a bit of an anxiety attack because I was SURE our pain-in-the-butt double stroller wasn't going to fit in our "compact" car... Fortunately we managed to get all our luggage into a HHR :) Little side note... the stroller had ladybugs under the umbrella... and well lets just say they were SWARMING other travelers in DTW! ;) Sorry but, all I could do was laugh... after much deliberation on weather or not to bring the DANG thing... it was infested Ladybugs...just my luck!

Anyway... Disney was CROWDEDDDDDDD! but we still managed to have a good time... The kids got to see Buzz, Mickey and Minnie, Goofy, Woody and Jessie... and still got to ride quite a bit of rides! AND see 2 shows and the parade!!!! Blake is a roller coaster JUNKIE! :) I loved seeing his face after each and every ride! (the Pirates of the Caribbean... not so much!) After all that FUN stuff...the kids were whining and tired and were VERY READY to go home!

The rest of the week was pretty laid back, we went to the flea market, the outlet mall, and mainly just laid around, and SWAM! Oh... did we SWIM!

There were some issues that came up during our trip, and well... let's just say, it made for a stressful trip home. BUT we still managed to have a good trip and we can't wait to do it again!

The worst part was on the way home... my car broke down on the side of the road and we needed to be towed home... THANK GOODNESS for Ken and Alissa! (who were nice enough to take care of our Dog as well).....


SOOOO... with all that said... we are back in the swing of things and getting ready for 2 very special birthday's!.... My baby is going to be ONE on Sunday!!!! I can't believe how fast it has gone bye!! MAKES ME SAD!!!! And Blake will be the BIG 4!!

Well...  we have A LOT coming up... so stayed tuned for more Scoop!

1 comment:

  1. You didn't tell me the ladybug story. That is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete