My Munkins

My Munkins

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

McKenna's Birthday Post....

I know this is so cliche.. but I REALLY can't believe it's been a year! McKenna doesn't seem like she should be a year old already!! I feel like I should have a 6 month old still... but some how a year has past... and we are celebrating her first year of life!
So, this post is going to be a wee bit sappy...

McKenna Ranee,

Words can not describe how I feel when I look into your BIG BLUE eyes every morning. You are such a joy, and seriously the most laid back baby I have EVER encountered! Not much phases you. Everyone always ask, "Is she always that happy?" and my answer is always "Yes!"

You absolutely adore your big brother, and he adores you! I can already tell you two will have a great bond! You love food... and I mean ALL food!! You  always have been a pretty great eater from day 1!! And baby girl you LOVE your sleep! You've been sleeping through the night since you were 7 weeks old... and Mommy and Daddy LOVE you for that!

Speaking of Daddy... you have him wrapped around your finger... and for a man that NEVER wanted a little girl, that is quite an accomplishment. He is jealous of our Mommy/Daughter bond, but I must confess, I LOVE IT! You prefer Mommy more than Daddy. After all your first word was "Mooommmm!". I wouldn't want it any other way!

You love to talk, talk, talk! These days your favorite word is "YEAH!" You love your bed (you prefer your bed, and hate to be held when you go to sleep). You love to put clothes around your neck or on top of your head and crawl around. I think I see a future dressing up everyday in princess clothes! Your favorite game is peek-a-boo! And you have learned to "shake your booty" to any song! But you are also pretty content just sitting back and watching the action. You didn't crawl until you were almost 10 months, but you are without a doubt very mobile now! It's only a matter of time before you will be walking!

You have Daddy's eyes, and long eyelashes, but there is much debate whether you look more like Mom or Dad. I think you look like my baby pictures more than Daddy's, but there's no denying you definitely look like your Dad! You also have inherited his height, and sweaty genes! You are not a happy baby in the heat! You have my feet, thin hair, and unfortunately my booty! I can tell already! Sorry about that! ;)

This year we have traveled to many places with you, and you have no problem adapting to new environments! We visited Grandma and Grandpa Garlinghouse in Sault St. Marie twice, and of course our big trip the Florida, which was your first plane ride!

Daddy and I like to call you "Granny" or "Doris"... you have so many characteristics of your Great Grandma Roy (her name was Doris)... and she would be so elated to meet you! I'm fairly positive she gave you your beautiful blue eyes! All she wanted was ONE Grandchild with blue eyes, and when Blake was born, she just KNEW his eyes were going to change... (his are about as dark brown as they get!)... About a  year after she passed away, we got to meet your beautiful face! Daddy and I have always said she was pretty tight with the man upstairs and we just know she convinced him to give us this perfect little girl!!!

Baby girl, you are our pride and joy! You were wanted before you were even conceived, and we are so proud of you! We have so many hopes and dreams for you, and we only hope as parents we can give you everything you want and need! We love you more than words can descirbe!

WE LOVE YOU,
Mommy, Daddy and Big Brother Blake





Phew... well Blake's birthday is actually today... guess I'm a little behind... stayed tuned for more Scoop... Blake's birthday post to come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment