My Munkins

My Munkins

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Great Day... Tough Night

The kids were in a great mood today... and were very easy and content... Which NEVER happens here! I don't know if everyone has a child like mine... but my loving, sweet son can be... ummm... I think the word I'm looking for is "PARTICULAR". Everything has to be just so... has to have the right cup, the right plate, the sandwich cut a certain way ( I had to hide the cookie cutters b/c the boy was obsessed with shaped sandwiches) I MEAN OBSESSED! He's known for wasting his food...which should be saved for another blog topic... does anyone else have a hard time getting their child to eat?!! I do!  McKenna is the exact opposite and is content with anything you put in from of her... she is seriously the easiest baby EVER! Anyway.. the day flew bye and the kids were GREAT!.......

But as soon as Sam walked through the door.... the whining began....
the kids were hungry, we needed to go to Adrian...
Sam was late....
again, the kids were hungry... you get where this is going...

After a quick trip to the bank and Hobby Lobby ( the boys went to TSC)... we made a quick trip to Mickey D's for Blake's French fries (he HAD to have... and you guessed it, didn't eat them).... the whining.. crying... and all that fun stuff intensified.

AND THEN the question that broke my heart....."Mommy.... I miss my kitty.... when is she coming back?"... after I explained she wasn't coming back (she got hit in the road about a month ago)... and then says.." BUT I didn't get to give her a hug before she left!"...... UGH... seriously... I wanted to cry!  I assured him that kitty knew he loved her, and she was having fun playing with other kitties he seems OK, but very quiet. A few minutes later (as I was trying to talk Sam into getting one for him for Christmas... and of course he REFUSED)... Blake says...." I'm feeling realllllllyyyyyy sad! I just want Daddy to stay home all all all day with me... I miss him, and my kitty"....
He's just having a sad day today.. and there wasn't much I could say to make him feel better. Of course Sam has a busy day at work tomorrow, and he can't take him to school or pick him up tomorrow.. which was on Blake's wish list as well... so he just was having a rough night! Which doesn't make it fun for anyone...


Here's to a better day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment