My Munkins

My Munkins

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Ever just want to say....?

So today is what we call "Lily" day. I have recently been watching a 3 month old baby girl for a few hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays. (with the exception of last week... with the sickies in our house, we had to cancel) I love being able to hold and cuddle a "little" baby, and then send her home. Blake LOVES to entertain her and McKenna... well doesn't even know she's here most days.

My mom stopped over today to pick Blake up for some playtime today so I thought "yay... one less to have to tend to!"  I know that's bad to say, but some days I feel like his maid, waitress, cook, butt wiper, the list goes on and on........................and on.............................. (McKenna is not nearly as needy)

WELL... I thought WRONG! My husband got up for work late this morning and shuffled his body around until I PUSHED him out the door.... turns out he has the "FLU"... (so he says). He came home from work at about 11:00am, and I am now the maid, waitress, cook, (not butt wiper-thank god!) to yet another male in this house! There has been no throwing up... no diarrhea... no fever... he just doesn't "feel good"... UGH!
I just want to say "MAN UP!"... I felt sluggish and like I wanted to lay in bed all day on Sunday... but did I get that option?? NO... of course not... I took a 2 hour nap with Blake, and here comes Sam and the kids at 2:00pm.... "Come on Mommy... time to get up!".... and I recall doing just that... AND made dinner!
I made him march right to our bedroom from the front door so he did not even come close to baby Lily and he is now quarantined there for the rest of the day!Both Lily (who was so adorable today) and McKenna are napping, so I did another round of Lysol cleaning, and I am washing my hands like a "FREAK" so I don't infect anyone else, or their child! I would feel horrible if that happened.

On a side note... I'm annoyed at work today... we got a new server, and I have had nothing but problems and EVERY TIME I sit down to work... I get "froze" in the program... UGH! I'm really not in a bad mood today... I swear I'm just annoyed at my "sick" husband! LOL! I'm really having a good day.... :)

Ever just want to say....?

1 comment:

  1. I totally understand! I had to point out that even though Lucas did a lot while I was sick last week, they had a homemade dinner every night and he got 2 fun evenings out! When he gets sick he disappears to the bedroom and I'm on my own until he's better! Welcome to bloggy world! I'm so excited to add you to my list!

    ReplyDelete